Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Motivation: Dreams

"Let me dare to dream and in
doing so, may my dreams not
just come to be fulfilled
- but also achieved."
 

~ Eleesha

 This week I'm sharing exciting news that my dream of becoming a published author is gaining momentum. My novel, Flight For Control, is finally complete and on submission. But the most exciting news is...



Flight For Control is a finalist in the Pacific Northwests Writer's Association literary contest.

The 2011 PNWA summer conference will be in Bellevue, Washington, August 4th-7th, and I'll be there. I'm honored to be standing beside fabulous writers. Please join me in congratulating the other finalists at Critique Sisters Corner. 

And visit Eleesha for your daily inspirations by clicking Here

Exciting news has just arrived: 
 Katja just got her pilot's license today!  


Congratulations Katja!
 

Enjoy the Journey!

~ Karlene






19 comments:

  1. This is thrilling, Karlene! Flight for Control is about to take off bigtime, and I'll be there at the PNWA conference cheering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want an autographed first edition.......


    (please!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! *crazy applause* Congratulations Karlene, this is fantastic news! You deserve a break and a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Karlene! They'd be nuts not to take something so original written by a clear expert! Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, Thank you so much for the confidence! And for all your effort in helping me brainstorm too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Heather for all your support! And we'll celebrate soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Nate! I like the way you think. So... let's hope that we're the only nuts around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Very exciting. And we can say we knew you when. ;o) I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Supovadea... you can say you "know" me. And... when it makes it to the movies, I'm funding the girls trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Karlene! I'm very glad to hear that news, and I can't wait to read it! Also congratulations to Katja!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Daniel! We both appreciate the congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Karlene san!
    Congratulations Katja san for getting license.
    I like the quote of Eleesha.yes,most important thing is we should not give up pursuing dream .For not regretting this given chance,I will learn as much as possible and help each other to grow up,and will become pilot!!
    Have a great day:)
    Jun

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Jun! Keep those dreams alive. You are going to be a pilot. I am so proud of your energy and willingness to help everyone and never giving up your dreams. You will fly high!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you very much Karlene san.
    Yes,I am 100% sure that my dream is always to become airline pilot,and fly world with passengers.
    Yes ,I hope I can fly at FL370 in the earth:))
    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karlene, a flying congrats to you on your latest news about "Flight For Control"! Awesome!

    Also, congrats to our sister Katja and her amazing accomplishment! Welcome to the family.

    KP, I love your stories and your cool way of spotlighting aviation and pilots from around the world!

    PS: I too would enjoy an autographed copy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, Thank you so much Brian! And yes... autographed copy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great news!!! So, do we have to curtsey or bow now, should we call you 'maam' or just 'o great and wondrous master of the gilded pages' - fantastic stuff.... Ayekoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Capt. Yaw, a huge hug would be great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!