Friday's Fabulous Flyer
- Alumni Hall of Fame Miami-Dade College, 2005
- 100 Most Influential Hispanics, Hispanic Business Magazine, 2002
- Tribute for Excellence in the Field of Transportation Congress of the United States, House of Representatives, 2002
- McKnight Scholarship, Miami-Dade College, 1985
- Divisional Award for Outstanding Achievements in Operations Careers Miami-Dade College, 1985
Beyond Haiku peeks through the cockpit door to reveal the poetic heart of airline pilots... a selection of haiku and short poems by men and women who fly airplanes for a living. The writing is niche and empathetic. The humor is characteristically wry, befitting the pilot persona. Beautiful illustrations, by children of pilots aged 6 to 17, bring this flight of fancy in for a smooth landing. Proceeds from Beyond Haiku will go to the Allied Pilots Association Emergency Relief and Scholarship Fund, to provide support for pilots furloughed due to the industry effects of COVID-19.
Linda's second book is underway: Beyond Haiku: Women Pilots Write Poetry. She is looking for women pilots to submit an original, unpublished haiku or short poem before March 31, 2021. You can submit up to three! Please send your original work to: firstname.lastname@example.org in an attached "word" document.
Enjoy the Journey!