Karlene Petitt is an international airline pilot, author, pilot advocate and aviation safety subject matter expert, who lives in Seattle Washington with her husband. She has three grown daughters and 8 grandchildren. She holds two masters degrees, and a PHD in Aviation Safety from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. Her research identified concerns with safety culture and pilot training worldwide which is impacting pilot performance and operational safety. The dissertation was converted to a book to enable everyone to have access in a readable format to industry concerns and what can be changed. A must read:She's written multiple books in multiple genres:
Non Fiction Normalization of Deviance
Aviation thrillers: Flight For Control, Flight For Safety, Flight for Survival. Flight For Sanity, and Flight for Truth.
Motivation: Flight To Success Be the Captain of Your Life.
Children's: I am Awesome: ABCs of Being me.
Normalization of Deviance
Aviation Thrillers that read like mysteries:
Flight For Control, Flight For Safety, Flight For Survival Flight For Sanity and Flight For Truth.
Truth in Fiction...
The story of my life and others too...
- Delta B777 FO based in LAX.
- Delta Air Lines A330 FO.
- Northwest Airlines 747 SO/Instructor/ Check Airman and 744 FO
- Tower Air 747-200 FO.
- Guyana 757 Director of Training/ Check Airman/ Instructor Pilot
- America West Simulator Instructor 737 and 757
- Braniff SO 727
- Evergreen FO 727
- Premair simulator instructor.
Typed: B777, A330, B747-400, 747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. Seaplane Rating.
- Airline training manuals, company procedures, LOFT scenarios, many term papers... and a thesis or two.
- Hawaii Writers Retreat 2009, I studied under award winning author, William Bernhardt.
- PNWA Writers Conference July 2010. Worked with award winning author, Robert Dugoni.
- Finalist in PNWA literary contest with Flight For Control
- Magazine articles for NAFI, AOPA, EAA,
- PhD: Aviation with a focus on Safety
- MBA: Master of Business
- MHA: Master of Human Services
- BS Business
Bringing Books to Life! Jet Star Publishing.
CIO, the original corporate identity, was named for my belief system: 'Crisis Is Opportunity.' Doing Business As Contract Aviation Services. I created flight training programs, wrote manuals, and worked with pilots to help achieve their dreams in aviation. Simulator instruction, tutoring, coaching, prepping for an interviews and ultimately helped them connect with employment opportunities.
While I'm still available for teaching, training and manual writing, and the previous year of my life has taught me once again that I can turn any crisis into an opportunity... I have expanded into helping new authors give wings to their dreams through Jet Star Publishing.
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
- NationalAssociation of Flight Instructors (NAFI)
- Pacific Northwest Writer’s Association (PNWA)
- WNBA: Women's National Book Association
- Women of Aviation Worldwide (WOAW)
- WIA: Women in Aviation
- ISA: International society of women pilots
- 6th Novel in the series:Flight For Justice (February 2021)
- The release of Weaponization of Mental Health (Date pending Dr. Prosecution)
- Law School
- Retirement: May 4, 2027
- Non-fiction Safety Culture/SMS: Inside the Iron Bubble. (May 2027)
- Pilot Training Study Guides
- A happy healthy family, that continues to grow, learn, love, and embraces life.
- Good friends to share our successes and challenges with.
- Giving back to the Aviation industry, by supporting and inspiring future pilots.
- Giving back to the writing community by supporting and inspiring writers.
- Flight For Control on the big screen.
"Anything we can dream, can become a reality.
You just have to believe."