Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Heading Home

One of my favorite things about flying is the view. There is nothing that can compare to what we see thousands of feet above the earth.  Yesterday I wasn't looking down-- but up. Flying 1000 feet below JAL 777 across the Pacific was very cool.


Today I depart Narita, tomorrow I land at SeaTac.  0730 arrival, and then I'll head to Renton Airport for another day of Fly It Forward.  Adrenaline and smiling faces will keep me going as we count down the New Year-- and register our women at Renton Airport.

Happy New Year!


~Enjoy the Journey

Karlene ~

14 comments:

  1. Great picture! That could win a photo contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! It was so cool flying below.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree...EVERYTHING looks different from our world up there..

    Greets Karlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment Carlos. Yes it does! And, we are so lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really amazes me how you get it all done. You're full of fantastic energy. Have fun in all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a year Karlene, wow! I'm glad you're on your way back home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A thought that comes through my mind when flying. When you climb about 5,280+ feet, you are then at least 1 mile from EVERYONE on Earth. When sitting alone at home, there is usually someone maybe 100 feet or less next door to you. Get in a plane, and you are away from it all!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must have been incredible, to look up and see that! Very cool. I so wish I could join you at Renton again, but it's not to be this time. Next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lybron, Thank you so much for the nice comment. It's words like that, that keep me going! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Heather! Me too!!! Looking forward to my own bed. Counting down. 25 hours from now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tom, you know... I think that's the best part of flying. Especially in your plane. I still have a couple hundred people outside my door. :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Linda! I completely understand. I think we have too many women. Can you ever have too many women? :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!