Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

NaNoWriMo Week One

National Novel Writing Month is in progress and I've joined the challenge.


Everyone who has ever written a book knows that the way to do it, is just do it. The problem is that life gets in the way. I have had 5 more books inside of me breaking to get out, but I haven't found the time with the growing family, work, editing my first novel, reading, blogging, recurrent training sneaking up, and day to day survival.

There are so many wonderful blogs that I am dying to read, friends on Twitter I want to say hello to, and Facebook buddies sharing their lives that I'd love to visit. But time gets in the way. So... how could I possibly have time to write another book?

To reach a goal, you must put it in writing!

Thanks to NaNoWriMo... I've accepted the challenge to write 50,000 words in 30 days. My personal goal is to write 80,000. But this week found me a bit behind my personal goal, but ...

I'm meeting the NaNoWriMo goal:

Week one I wrote: 13196 words. Yeah!

Next week I hope to catch up by writing an additional 27,000 words. More than double this week. Can I do it with my grandson and youngest daughter coming home on Thursday for a long weekend, and babysitting my two granddaughters all day on Monday? I've got a room to paint. Five blogs to write. Sears coming to service my appliances. The floor guys coming to measure the new room. 7 hours at the gym to get back into my exercise routine. I'm on reserve from the 6-9th, but I'm number 23 on the list, and I doubt I'll be called. So much to do, so little time. Then I remembered...

Time is the only thing that we all share in common.
Nobody gets more than 24 hours.
It's all about how we use it.

Join me next Sunday to see how I did.

Enjoy the Journey!

XOX Karlene

4 comments:

  1. Best wishes juggling it all. I don't even think my daughter has started NaNo yet since they just finished their play production last night. I'm sure she will be hitting it with gusto this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah NaNo! I already passed 26k last night and I'm hoping to hit 30 today, but I'm also trying to study instrument, aviation safety, and economics in between. Oh well. That's what tea and The Godfather soundtrack are for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Runs with Java, I'm sure your daughter will do great. It's nice to have a goal. Gusto for all this week. I may be waking up very early to get it all done. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Christine!!! 26K... yeah! You'll keep me motivated. Also... I need to study instrument too. Save your books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!