Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Motivation: The Journey

"The best journeys are not always in straight lines."
David Baird



One thing I know is true... despite whatever plans I make, they may not turn out as I'd planned. This truth doesn't stop me from planning. But it does provide me the gift of knowing that when a turn, a road block, or a rock is thrown in my path, it's there for a reason.

Perhaps I have something to learn, an experience I need to embrace, or simply my plan wasn't ready for the world, yet. My career has been anything but a straight line. I've been furloughed, cutback, bankrupt, bumped, and shutdown, but with each experience I have learned something.

If you asked me what I value in life, I would say learning, growth, and experience. Despite what I thought at the time of my career path, I got exactly what I desired. Everything you desire will come to you with time, too, if you don't give up and are able to flow with the curves life throws your way. Accept, and keep going.

How straight has your journey been?

Enjoy the Journey!

XOXO Karlene


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing inspirational story,Karlene san!!! Yes!!!I agree with you.I don't wanna give up to pursuit of dream,and keep going!!!!No matter what obstacle I encounter in the road,I will cope with it with friends help and by myself.haha!
    Have a great day,
    Jun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect thought for today, thanks! My journey? Thankfully a winding road with lots of curves. Makes a person love those straight stretches all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to remind myself of this all the time. If everything had gone as planned, I wouldn't be flying, or I wouldn't have gotten to fly with Jesse or Ross, or I might not have met you! Such a sad thought. I'm glad it turned out differently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, some people's journeys are straight?! Mine at times has been curvy enough to make me throw up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rick, thank you so much! I really appreciate the wonderful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much BlueMuse! Curvy roads for all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jun, no matter where the windy road will take you, you will be a success. I know it! Keep flying strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, thank you so much for the great comment. Yes, those curves do make us appreciate the straight all that better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!