Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Life is an Adventure...

Fact or Fiction:

Could a pilot be assigned a trip to deadhead from Seattle to Detroit for an 18 hour Layover. Then Deadhead 13.5 hours to to Nagoya for a 48 hour layover. A 7.5 hour flight to Honolulu, for a 35 hour layover. Followed by a deadhead to Seattle?

Is this fiction... or the glorious life of an airline pilot on reserve over the holidays?

What's the craziest thing you've ever done for work?

Enjoy the Journey!

XOX Karlene

7 comments:

  1. I won't cheat since I know the answer. The things we do for our careers, ugh. Wow, you really don't want to know what the craziest thing I've done for work is. ;) But I have to admit, even in my line of work they aren't allowed to run us into the ground. Now that I think of it, the airline industry probably coined that phrase. Hang in there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That sounds like a lot of work/travel or like one of those math problems I had in school. Good luck with your schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw all those trips...

    My craziest idea in the name of aviation was probably commuting from Anchorage to Johannesburg for a year or so... 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I can only imagine the crazy things you've done at work. But... we always get what we need. I need this time to write. Now if there is power on the next flight... I'm golden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcel, that is a crazy commute. And I think that is the longest that I've heard of at this point. How many connections did you take? The things we do for work. Reality... the things we do for family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to say this, but that doesn't sound too terrible abnormal haha. So was that for some reason just a roundabout way to get you to Nagoya, or did they change plans for you once you got to DTW? I'm glad it ended with a trip back to SEA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa that's funny. I think it does sound like a math problem! My life is a math problem, and one that I've yet to figure out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!