"The key to life is Happiness...
The key to happiness is aviation!"
And This time we found happiness in Dublin Ireland.
Arrival into Dublin, filled with magic and luck of the Irish, was nothing short of spectacular. And the magic continued...
Atlanta to Dublin, and we're on the crew bus. I sat beside one of our flight attendants and we began chatting. Where do you live? Seattle. Where did you go to high school. Highline. What year did you graduate? 1980. Wow! Me too! Yes... we graduated from the same high school... Laurel, nice to see you again.
|Lauel and Karlene after a long flight... Go Pirates!|
We happened to arrive in Dublin during the weekend of a Taste of Ireland. A walk through town, expert travel tips from Leanne, and a beautiful day filled our layover.
Then at the AULD DUB we listened to the local talent of Brian Brody. Fabulous singer and great entertainer. Brian on Facebook
|Karlene and Brian|
|Deb, Leanne, Karlene and Leslie|
And then who should I find in Ireland? Darby~ Miss D.B. was waiting for our arrival in Dublin. The first photo I have with her. Classic. (Yes, she really is a redhead despite what she claims.) What a great surprise this was.
|Karlene and Darby|
We had a great layover. Leanne, thank you for the great travel tips. Darby stayed on with some friends. I returned to the U.S. and got the landing. We're planning on meeting up in Holland with An!
Ireland Travel Tip:
Take the Dart Train to Howth (Not the junction, but to the end)
- Take the number #1 train from Tara Station near Liffey River and Trinity College.
- Hike the Sea Wall to the summit and take the trail (above) back down, or the bus.
- Eat at the Oar House on the Pier.
- Make reservations first, then hike the trail. Round trip will take about two hours.
- Or you can pack a picnic and dine at the top of the cliffs.
- The Abbey Tavern, with open fire pits, is great for Irish coffees.
If you stay in town, find your way to the Auld Dub... not to be confused with the "Old Dub."
Tomorrow ~ Amsterdam, as the adventure continues.
Enjoy the Journey