Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Giving Tuesday!

Love from the Heart... 

Little did I know that today was giving Tuesday, and what a better day to give a piece of my life. Last night I was home with my husband after his eye surgery, and saw a story on Komo News. A single mother with four kids was the victim of a crime. Someone stole her minivan and all the gifts inside. Car seats and all... gone.


The story did not begin there. I have a suburban that we bought 21 years ago. This car has many stories of her own, and all including great journeys and protecting my family. She has broken down along the way, but always delivering me to safety first. To say I have a bond with my old tank is an understatement. She even flew on a Northwest freighter to Alaska and then drove the journey home to Seattle years later.


But after all this time, my husband and I (more my husband than me) decided to buy a new car. But how could I get rid of part of my family? I warned Ken, at Good Chevrolet, that tears may be involved when we traded her in. 

Okay, so people traded in their spouses on occasion, but we never trade in our babies! They are with us for life. Yet, this was the best option to move forward ... until I heard Sharon's story. 

I searched the internet, left a few random messages and we connected. Sharon and her boys could use this car right now and our suburban could live on, serving another family. We are coordinating the meeting place today.  I'm sure that my car, we lovingly called the beast, will live on to protect another family.

If you would like to help Sharon fill up the back end of her new (old) car, with holiday joy for her family, you can support her on her go fund me

Giving Tuesday
The Day to Give Back! 

Joy throughout the Day!


Thank you Komo News 
for Sharing the story
And spreading the Joy!

NOVEL UPDATE: 

Fourth novel in the series, Flight For Sanity, is almost complete! We will have it in our hands February, 2017. While all my novels are true fiction, based on real events, this novel is no different. This novel is based on actual events occurring to one of our favorite airline pilots at this time. We know and love her as Darby. She needs our help! I was going to do this next month, but there is no better time than Giving Tuesday!

I am giving 100% of all proceeds 
(not just profits...but everything) 
of ALL books...

To Darby's namesake for her legal support. The children's book profits go to The Children's Museum of Central Oregon... but the rest of sales to Darby.

Ebooks. Paperback. Hardback. Everything goes to the real Darby. When you read what has transpired to our favorite pilot, in the fourth novel, you will be shocked. The industry will go to great lengths to stop her fight for safety, but her support of her fellow pilots and conviction of safety will never waiver.

For all orders off the blog as gifts, I will autograph, gift wrap and ship directly. Let me know. Share the series, read the series, and be ready for the shocker of what happens when you try to improve safety.

Enjoy the Journey
XO Karlene 

Author of:
I am Awesome. The ABCs of me. 



 Flight For Sanity coming soon....
 Catch up on the series so you will be ready!

Motivation and Children too! 

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool, Karlene! I feel so lucky to know you and be part of all your adventures. We need a picture of them with their new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, and I'm in shock that you're giving up your rig, but for a very good cause. I love it. And I can hardly wait for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather. You know how much I loved my car. I think we had a talk about it going away a couple years ago. Everything has a time and a place. And, I'm super excited for you to read the book. You won't believe it. Oh...wait! Yes you will!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!