Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday Motivation

"Health is Not Valued
Until Sickness Comes"
Thomas Fuller

So often we take our health for granted. Yet, my friend Judith has been spending her life focused on helping the rest of us maintain ours. Since my industry only encompasses 5% women flyers, that means 95% of my coworkers need to read this book! And the women? Well, this is a must read for those you love.

Aviation Safety is focused on 
proactive strategies...
Your health should be too!


Judith O'Malley-Ford's recent book: The Secret Stalker of the Prostate, is a must read, and could make a great gift this holiday.


Synopsis:  

This book has the potential to save many lives. Every question regarding anatomy, disease processes, decision making procedures for the treatment and considerations of the side effects, psycho-social effects and the impact on relationships, are concisely covered - all in layman terms.

For those men who are in the process of taking that difficult step of presenting prostate problems to their doctors, including those unfortunate enough to be facing investigation for prostate cancer, this book is for you.

Today we end the interview with the author, Dr Judith O'Malley - Ford to discover who she is and what prompted her to write this book. I was part of the promotional tour, but due to unforeseen circumstances (sickness included) I missed my date. Thus, I am going last. At the end of this interview, I have posted links to her other posts. They are fascinating and a must read, too.

1. How long have you been a doctor?

Thirty years. I decided at the age of twelve that I would become a doctor, and I am now a full-time General Practitioner. Early in my medical career, I started in Medical Administration which was more about medical politics and not much to do with hands on medicine. You have to be tough, and you have to fight like hell to do anything vaguely in the line of politics and I decided this sort of medical practice was not for me. Medicine, health services, and General Practice have changed a lot over the years. If I had my time over, I’m not at all sure that I would choose medicine again. It’s a tough gig, no matter what your role is.

2. What other books have you written?


The Australian Medical Dictionary of conditions and diseases, The Medical Dictionary of Conditions and Diseases. These were commissioned works.

Contributing author to, Below the Belt, and I have published material in the European Medical Journal. I also do guest blogging.

For one of my family, I wrote a book entitled, “The Chook Book", and illustrated it with watercolours. I also gave it as a present to selected family and friends. I said it was my own publishing company, with a limited edition.

I would love to write a “best seller”, because that’s what excellent writers do.

3. How did you become a writer?


I have been a writer and story teller from a young age. I was encouraged to write on a regular basis as far back as primary school, but have been a more serious writer since 2005.

For most of my schooling, I went to an all girls’ school which prided itself on discipline and self-motivation. For a number of years, our homework for the weekend consisted of an essay to be handed in on Monday morning. I always excelled at this task.

The book is available at all book stores. If it is not in stock yet, ask them to order it for you. It is also available from the Morris Publishing Australia's website It's also on Amazon as an eBook

Check out the other posts to learn more:

Enjoy the Journey 
and be proactive about your health!
XOX Karlene 

2 comments:

  1. thank you Karlene, for supporting me and my endeavors to promote what I think is an important message for men and their partners, an important male gender condition, prostate cancer.

    We all need support. Support from our family, friends, colleagues. In times of ill health, you certainly find out who you can really count on.

    If you are passionate about a topic, if you have a vision for a better world we all have a right to stand up and be counted, and to be assisted in our endeavors.
    Into the future when many of us will expect to live into our 90's and beyond, diagnosing prostate cancer and treating it early may make the difference in the quality of your life and that of your family.

    Read this book, get a prostate check, if not for yourself then for your family's sake, for your own longevity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judith! I am going to gift them to friends! Proactive health is like proactive safety. It does not mean you are paranoid, it just means you are responsible.
      Thank you for writing an incredible book!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!