Jenny Gao, our amazing Aviation High School Senior has put together an outstanding event for our March 24th, 2012, Fly It Forward event. I’m thinking that even the weather will cooperate.
Not only are we flying 6 aircraft taking women and girls for a flight, but we have many activities for everyone to enjoy.
Fly It Forward 2012 Booth Fair Events:
- Cessna Walk-Around with Christina Hollingsworth
- Museum of Flight: Build a Straw Rocket with Melissa Edwards & Melanie Kwang.
- Pacific Science Center activity with Libanos Redda.
- Embry Riddle with Clancy Del Forge & Chris Hyatt.
- Zonta with Jean Ann French, Carol Dreysse and a group of Zontians with an Amelia Presentation. Did you know that Amelia Earhart was a Zontian?
- Aviation High School with information about the school.
- WNBA: Women National Book Association with, Linda Gray and authors Norah O’Neill autographing the Flying Tigress, and Karlene Petitt autographing Flight For Control
- Women with Wings...
What is Women with Wings?
Lauren Crom and Katie McConville, two students from Aviation High School (AHS), will be presenting their Girls Solo Flight Project. These two spectacular women have designed a program called Women With Wings, based on a previous Senior’s project, to encourage and inspire the next generation of women to obtain their private pilot's license. With the number of women in the aviation industry being strongly overpowered by men—only 6% of licensed pilots are women—they hope to open the skies to women in this exciting field of piloting. The women in WWW will show the world that with hard work and a positive attitude, anything is possible.
In Support of Women With Wings…
Make me Write a $2000 Check!
I am bringing 400 soft-back copies of Flight For Control to the Fly It Forward Event and will donate $5 for every book sold at this event, to the Women With Wings.
I would love to write a check to Women with Wings for $2000 to go toward their program giving a girl the wings to fly.
We hope to see you at BEFA on Saturday March 24, from 10 to 3.
840 West Perimeter Road / Renton, Washington 98057-5346 Map
Tomorrow come back and meet the Woman Behind this year’s Fly It Forward event: Jenny Gao.
The flights have been scheduled, and planes are full. But then, last year we had many no shows. If show up, you might get on a flight. Make sure you drop by to partake in the many events and get your copy of Flight For Control in support of Women With Wings, and have a fun day at the Renton Airport.
Enjoy the Journey