Emergency Cancel (EMER CANC)
The difference between selecting the EMER CANC pushbutton on the ECAM control panel for a warning verses a caution depends upon the severity of the problem.
For a WARNING—the most severe—you can:
- Silence the bell and extinguish the MASTER WARN lights by pressing the EMER CANC push button.
- The message will remain displayed.
- You cannot cancel an ECAM display for a warning.
- Cancels the caution for the remainder of the flight including the associated chimes and MASTER CAUT lights.
- Pressing this button moves the message to the STS – STATUS – page under CANCELED CAUTION.
- When pressed again this automatically calls up the STATUS page displaying all canceled cautions.
Enjoy the Journey!