Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Highs to Lows... and weather is involved.

Monday ... I was honored with the task of presenting the award for the most female-pilot friendly airport in the United States to Mayor Denis Law, and the city of Renton.

Renton City Council is a wonderful group of people who serve their city, by helping families and businesses live, learn, grow and prosper. We're looking forward to the entire cities involvement in next year's flying event.

City Council and Mayor Denis Law
Ryan Zulof, Airport Manager

Tuesday ... I spent the day cleaning and conditioning airplane seats at BEFA. I couldn't stop at the seats, and those little planes never looked so good. I listened to music and enjoyed watching the planes come and go. While there, I got to watch Cassy do her solo flight.

Cassie had joined us on our December 5th fly it forward event. Tuesday she soloed, and I took the coolest pictures. Last night I learned another lesson about MacBook Pro iPhoto, and I accidentally deleted the pictures. To say I was heartbroken is an understatement. Crushed. Cassy, I am so sorry! The good news is her instructor took some pictures too.

Today ... I'm revising Flight For Control. Sunshine and 60 in Seattle... sounds like a good day to write outside.

Enjoy the Journey!

~ Karlene

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful honor Karlene, and they couldn't have picked a better presenter. ;) Happy revising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great that you got to present the award to Mayor Law and Renton. Great job! Hope you're enjoying revising. . .I'm headed out to rework a chapter right now, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda... all great plans. Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karelene, went to the BEFA web site and they had a link to a great Java based VOR trainer app at http://www.visi.com/~mim/nav/index.html that your readers that are training for their private licence may find useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Capt Daags... they will find that useful. I think I better go to the BEFA website myself. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on Renton!! Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was flying last night and noticed the big banner on the blast fence at the south end. Saw it when driving in. Didn't get to admire it from the air, wind was from the south!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Karlene san!!!
    I proud of you.
    you motivate me ,so thanks:)

    I am sorry about photo accident.

    Have a nice day:)
    Jun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks you Jun. You motivate me too!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!