Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

SLAM CLICKER....

Layover maneuver…To close the door firmly, turn the lock, and hide from your crew.

ROME: Slam click! I worked on my novel all day. I emerged from my cave at 6 p.m. for a glass of wine, a few laughs with our flight attendants. They went to dinner, I returned to my room. Slam click! Wine in hand, I took Lisa Gardner and Live to Tell to a bubble bath.

ATLANTA: Slam click! A late arrival and I napped for one hour. Then awoke at 9 p.m. and worked on my novel until 0600 the following morning. An 11 hour sleep and I was off to the airport.



Time enroute: 11:30 Destination: Ghana. During my 3 hour break… I finished 3 more chapters. Yeah! Along the way, we dodged thunderstorms. It's just that time of year.

Taken at FL410 somewhere over the Atlantic

GHANA: A full van to the hotel....


Pizza and sodas at the pool...

The feet with the pink toes is me :)

And then… SLAM CLICK! The crew is on a tour and I'm working on my novel.

Goal… to finish the final revision to Flight For Control. Yes, I will do it!

Enjoy the journey!

~Karlene

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Chats! Just finishing up my novel now. Then emailing it. So very excited to be done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!