Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Life of a Pilot....

The story is... I am junior reserve in base. The plan this month was to sit in a hotel for 18 days and work on my novel. Reality... I was bumped to First Class on my commute to work, and then my first day of reserve I was assigned to a 7 day trip with two Honolulu layovers, one of which was 46 hours. Nice duty!

Arrival into Honolulu... a beautiful approach!


I had printed my novel, so I was able to sit at the pool and work on it. I visited my friend Darby for hours. She's a captain with an attitude, and a great sense of humor. Did I say gorgeous too? One day she'll let me take a picture of her! 14 chapters complete! Life is good.

Working Hard

Play time in the ocean

View From Dinner


And then it was time to get back to work....
Did I tell you that I have a really great job?
Flying back to base tomorrow. More great things to come....
Enjoy the journey!

~ Karlene

13 comments:

  1. I understand...but somebody has to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... sad that our Honolulu paths did not align! Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those days...thought they were all gone!! Who calls in sick for a trip like that??? Something wrong with the captain? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karlene that looks like paradise! Wait, it is! You've earned a rest and some time with your novel. Too bad it was a short one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chats, we'll keep trying to match up the schedules! I go back on reserve in two days. Will I get lucky again? Fly safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kathy, No kidding! Who does call in sick for a trip like that? We always get what we need in life... I really needed this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Heather, My novel and I had a really good time. And, lots done. But I paid for the all-nighter to get back home. Two days off... yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that Darby had a wonderful time in Hawaii with you -- she's the one everyone wants at their party! She probably wouldn't have been nearly so much fun in Detroit, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha Linda... Darby is fun everywhere! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy life must be rough, can I become a reserve ramper and come in and work at places like HNL when people call in sick? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seahawks7757... You could become a reserver ramper...but then you'de be at the ramp while the rest of us are at the beach. Oh... spread your wings and fly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello karlene, nice post & good blog, truly like it. i think u must try this site to increase traffic. have a nice day & keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!