Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Having Made it!

A Journey of Rediscovery and Purpose



My dear friend Christina Rivera sent me a copy of her book, Having Made It a Journey of Rediscovery and Purpose and it arrived during a challenging time in my life.  But aren't we all having a difficult time right now? She put life and the job into perspective with success and failure, and starting over.  She provides direction on how to find where you belong in your life versus where others think you should be. 

This morning I heard there were 90 million people unemployed in the United States. That number doesn't touch my friends worldwide losing their jobs either. There could not be a better time to  read a book about rediscovery and purpose. 

What if the job that left you
was not where you belonged?

Could you use this time of job loss to discover your passion, and where you really belong? If you're a pilot and waiting for your job to return, could you find something that fills you with joy to do in the mean time? 

Christina shares her life and her personal journey to finding herself. Openly discussing the mistakes she made, then she puts her justifications into perspective, and provides steps how she persevered. In her book, she talks about the jobs that she walked away from, those wrong choices she made, the power of limiting beliefs, and how taking a job for money was not the right decision. 


Christina is not new to Flight To Success. She was a Friday Flyer in November 2014, and then again in June 2017.  I had the great opportunity to share an an adventure with her on  iHeart Radio. She welcomed me into her home and she into my heart. 

She did not ask me to write anything about her book. But after finishing it last night, I know why. I also know that we are more kindred spirits than I realized. She also listed numerous books to read. Many I had read, and others I ordered this morning. 


If you are struggling with your life choices, 
finances, addictions, or  how to make a living, 
this book is for you! 



You can find Christina:

Facebook.com/Unscripted
Email her at Christina@lifeunscriptedradio.com or
savvycentralradio@gmail.com
and join the Savvy family at LifeUnscriptedRadio.com


Enjoy the Journey!
XOX Karlene 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Thank you Karlene the wonderful blog,kind words and recommendation of my book. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm blessed to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!