Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Teaser Altert: Planes Fire and Rescue

Dreams come true 
when we have passion in our work


Last week I had the fabulous opportunity to preview Planes: Fire and Rescue. And while I am unable to share my review at this time, I can tell a little about the movie. I can also tell you that each person involved in the creation of this movie has such passion in what they do, that you want that feeling. Oh wait, I do. But seriously... my next career, I'm working for Disney.

About the Movie:

“Planes: Fire & Rescue” is a new comedy-adventure about second chances, featuring a dynamic crew of elite firefighting aircraft devoted to protecting historic Piston Peak National Park from raging wildfire. 
 

When world famous air racer Dusty (voice of Dane Cook) learns that his engine is damaged and he may never race again, he must shift gears and is launched into the world of aerial firefighting. 
 
Dusty joins forces with veteran fire-and-rescue helicopter Blade Ranger (voice of Ed Harris) and his courageous team, including spirited air tanker Dipper (voice of Julie Bowen), heavy-lift helicopter Windlifter (voice of Wes Studi), ex-military transport Cabbie (voice of Captain Dale Dye) and a lively bunch of brave all-terrain vehicles known as The Smokejumpers.
 
 
Together, the fearless team battles a massive wildfire and Dusty learns what it takes to become a true hero. Directed by Robert Gannaway (“Secret of the Wings”) and produced by Ferrell Barron (“The Fox and the Hound 2”)"
 
 
Mayday has been Propwash Junction's fire and rescue truck forever, with leaky hoses and glasses and all. Jeffrey Howard (who wrote the screenplay and story) said, "Dusty actually sets out to become a firefighter to help Mayday, because he sees that he's still got it."


"Bobs" Ganawy said, "There's so much sincerity in his (Holbrooks) performance that it makes us all tear up." Such a treat meeting this legend from the big screen. 
 
And then we have the helicopters!


 
Once again, Disney not only did their research, but they brought in the experts. And what an expert they found in the world renowned Red Bull champion Chuck Aaron, bringing life and accuracy to the Blade, Windlifter and the Chops team. I even learned something about the pivot point of a helicopter as compared to a fixed wing.


Chuck Aaron is going to take me for a flight at Oshkosh!

 
But First...
 
“Planes: Fire & Rescue” 
hits theaters in 3D on July 18, 2014
 
 
For more information, visit www.Disney.com/Planes, like them on Facebook www.facebook.com/DisneyPlanes, and follow them on Twitter www.twitter.com/DisneyPictures.

My review of the movie will be coming soon!

Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene

10 comments:

  1. Dusty's on floats!! And Chuck Aaron is one of my favorites of all time. This is just the most wonderful post ever. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Isn't it awesome!!! Chuck Aaron is so funny, too, and brilliant!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for this movie!!!
    The other one was also motivational in a way. "Achieving the unthinkable"
    This sounds like a review already!
    Awesome.

    About Helicopters flying upside down, I think I once saw that in an aviation magazine some times back. But it was a special helicopter.
    I don't know if it is possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... shhh... no reviews yet. Mums the word. I can hardly wait until it comes out too! Yes, it is possible. Watch that video....real person doing a real thing. Just amazing! Thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Chuck is awesome, seen him play with that Helicopter! Dusty knows how to have fun..after all we seaplane guys have way more fun than anyone else, we experience an element that is seriously missing on land and air :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dusty does know how to have fun! And I can hardly wait to see what he is up to next. I've seen him play with that helicopter too.... just amazing stuff.

      Delete
  4. Karlene--was so great seeing you there! Such a fun time! Disney is 1st class all the way ;-) I'll be posting my Disney Planes visit on NYCA tomorrow, then my own blog...sometime! And since we can't quite critique the movie yet, I'll just say this: it's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Great to see you there too! And I can't wait until I can post how I really feel too. Heading to Tokyo tomorrow... will find your posts when i get there. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!