Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Raising John

A Book Worth Reading!

When you live in a world of aviation and technical books, it's so much fun to find a great book about life that can take you away and into another world.

The author, Jennifer Lesher, came to the Western Washington trade show and bought a copy of my recent novel. And what does she do? She gives me a copy of her book Raising John. And such a gracious gift this was.

After the conference I curled up in a bubble bath with her book, and flew to different place. And what a place that was.



Jennifer pulled together a compelling story of multiple lives. This book is one of abuse, love, sorrow and trying to move forward. It's about the power of forgiveness, especially when it's forgiving yourself. It's about acceptance.

In Raising John you will find real life. I also cannot remember the last time I found a twist that I did not see coming. Raising John is a book that will make you think long after you turn the last page.

I found myself wondering if the worst thing that could happen did, how would I move forward? I found myself relating to patterns of abused that gave me great understanding to people around me. My favorite books are those that leave me thinking about them for days. This is one of those books. 

The greatest surprise, is the woman behind this fabulous book. Her story is nothing short of amazing. There are all sorts of heroes in the world...but those who have courage like Jennifer, are nothing short of amazing. 

She will be our Friday Flyer Maybe 16th. So make sure you come back and meet this amazing woman. 

"How do you go on living when you have done the unforgivable?" 


 Enjoy the Journey and make sure you check out Raising John.

XO Karlene

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book from an amazing lady! I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! And Jennifer is local and I know will be a great asset to our writer's circle!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Heather!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up on a great book! I remember Jennifer meeting us at our booth. And you're right, the best books are ones that are about real life. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eric, and she came over for dinner and we had a great talk. An amazing lady. And so very courageous!

      Delete
    2. Eric, I remember you. Your book is on my to-read pille too.

      Delete
  3. Wow Karlene - thank you for the endorsement. It means a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!