Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Road Trip...

"Listen to the soul
within for it will guide you
to places you never dared to
go and to exactly where
- you need to be."

~ by Eleesha,
Author of - The Soul Whisperer

Saturday we started our road trip... and headed East. Stopped in Selah WA and said happy father's day to my dad. Then pressed on to Pasco for the BBQ with the ARC racers, who will depart for their adventure tomorrow. We drove to Wasco Oregon to see Kathy and Kevin. Stopped in Redmond to say hi to Heather. Dropped into Bend to check out our daughters new home... and on down to California. 

The good ole suburban is on 199799.9 miles. Tomorrow we will break 200,000. But... I say "break" with caution, as she's been acting up ever since Pasco. But she a good old girl and if we can make it to Los Angeles, we'll have her looked at while we play in Disneyland with our eldest daughter and eldest granddaughter.

Departure Day

Pasco/Columbia River

WASP
Team Wild Mama  And NDU Ladies!

 Kevin and Kathy on their Farm
"Thanks for Brunch"

 
Heather in my favorite store! 

Kayla and Ryan's New home
Happy Father's Day Dick! 

 
 Mount Shasta

 

We spent the night in Willows last night. We hadn't planned on stopping there, but I saw a Holiday Inn Express next door to a Starbucks, and the car drove itself off the freeway exit. This is exactly where we needed to be. 453 miles to go today. We can do anything for 453 miles. And... they put us in the Presidential suite. Life is good.

Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene 

PS... I have two bumper stickers on my suburban... with a funny story attached. Take a guess what they say...Answer tomorrow. 

16 comments:

  1. This is awesome Karlene! Sounds like an awesome trip. Isn't it funny how long it takes to go a few miles by car when you're flying on a regular basis, when you go thousands of miles around the world in just a few hours!

    Can't wait to see more updates! Thanks for sharing the photos,
    -Swayne Martin
    From Private to Professional Pilot: http://martinsaviation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swayne! Yes... a different view from above. We are having a great trip. And there were a few moments I wished I had a plane. One day...that will be my sky trip.

      Delete
  2. One of them might say "My other car is an Airbus" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need that sticker. Or... I am a bus driver! Okay...must check back tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. *°•ƸӜƷ ~ Karlene, Wow! Looks like an amazing trip, my thoughts are with you and your family, be safe. Many thanks for the wonderful support, in sharing my quote on your blog with all your lovely friends & readers. You are an amazing Soul ~ Big Hugs of Love & Appreciation to you. ~ ƸӜƷ•°*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eleesha, and for all the beautiful motivations you share. I love to share your quotes..and everyone knows where to get more. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. It's looking like a great road trip so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light went out and never came on again. And the car did awesome! Can we say Gremlins? Great to see you! You look so good!

      Delete
  5. I am glad that your suburban is holding up. And I LOVE the FFC poster on the back Window!! Great marketing tool. I'll be taking mine with me when I go away next month as my loyal travel buddy.

    Wishing all the participants of the ARC LOTS OF LUCK!

    JEREMY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jeremy, Thank you so much! You are the best advertiser! And... Dick was reading and I was editing Flight For Safety on the way down. Coming soon. It's really good. :) If I don't say so myself. Where are you going?

      Delete
  6. What a great trip! This is wonderful, and I sure hope the old gal Suburban makes it all the way to L.A. for you. I am so jealous that you got to see Heather :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Yes...that old girl is holding up. And we can all see each other in August. So looking forward to our trip!

      Delete
  7. "My other car is a Boeing 747"
    "My Other Car is an Airbus A330"

    "I'd rather be flying!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... I like this stickers. I think I need them all. Check back tomorrow and see what my friend stuck on my bumper. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  8. I love the pics! Sounds like a great road trip...enjoy and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are being safe. Having fun. And laughing a lot in the car. Life is good! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!