Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Favorite Destination....

Life is the cake
but it's what you put into it 
that makes it delicious.


Recipe for Life:

Take two parts family, add three cups of love with four cups friendship and mix well. Then add equal parts of challenge, education, adventure, commitment, dedication, sorrow, tears, and laughter. Cooking time depends upon the quality of ingredients. Frost with as many journeys as possible.

This week is blogging in formation again,
The question for February is... 
What is your favorite destination? 

This is the most common question asked of a pilot. And might be one of the most difficult for any of us to answer. As the world is spectacular! There are so many beautiful places.

 Barcelona

Oskaka
 
 Bombay

 Chicago

Ghana

 Cyprus

Guam

 Hawaii

 Hong Kong

 Ireland

 Istanbul

Majuro

 Manchester

 Prague

 Rome

 Singapore

 Athens

Amsterdam

 Paris

 
Juneau
Boston

British Columbia

No matter where I travel, I return and say... "It was so beautiful, I loved the people, I could live there." But as I travel the world and enjoy all there is to experience, the answer to that question is not as difficult as I thought.

 The answer will always be the same...

Rain or shine, there is no place like home. 


Where is your Favorite Destination?

If you missed the week... 
click on the links below and catch up! 

There are some amazing destinations you won't want to miss. 

Feb 1,  Saturday:
Eric (http://capnaux.blogspot.com) and 

Feb 2, Sunday:

Feb 3, Monday: 
Rob (http://tallyone.com) and 

Feb 4, Today:
Karlene (http://karlenepetitt.blogspot.com) and 
Chip (www.project7alpha.com)

Enjoy the Journey!
XOX Karlene

14 comments:

  1. Karlene,
    That is so true! When you have been all over the world it certainly makes you appreciate home so much more.
    Well done!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brent. Yes... it does. After about 8 days away... I'm ready to be there. But the world is so beautiful, and even in the most unlikely places we can find something beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Ha! You got me! Just about anyone, anywhere around the world, loves to see all the sights and live all the adventures...but when we come HOME...we know that's the best destination of all!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do! And when you love being home...there is a sense of peace. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Karlene,
    Home is priceless, and you have some amazing travel pics here as well.
    Cheers, MLB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. And soon you'll begin your journey at the new home! I'm sure you're looking forward to it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Majuro is one of the most interesting places I have ever been! The waves splash up onto the runway. Just amazing.

      Delete
  5. Mine wouldn't involve any city. White Pass outside Skagway, Lake Tahoe, Yellowstone N.P. and the drive from Jasper to Banff would all be on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karlene, these are amazing picture for an amazing post!! Personally I've always wanted to visit Guam. If I do go, I want to fly with you and watch you fly the approach and final. So for now... I will leave you with my response for my favorite destination (s):

    My heart: PARIS
    My soul: JERUSALEM
    My history: Ireland/Scotland
    My body: NYC

    But my favorite destination always remains the same: The sky, especially if I am flying with my best friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jerusalem, but don't have any pictures. And I love NYC too. I need more photos. And yes, the sky brings a sense of peace and calm to me. Just as the first photo, there is beauty everywhere.

      Delete
  7. My heart: London
    My history & soul: Dubai
    My body & energy: Rio de Janeiro

    Quite a match, honestly. Tehehehe

    But flying with someone you love is just the right source to put on a nice hot heart.

    Jeremy, I wrote a similar comment to yours. I know.


    ALX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I love this too! And my body and energy could find Rio... and we could blame it on Rio! Did you see that movie? :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!