It would be never
to have another airliner crash!
Flying is safer than driving. But when an airline accident happens, and hundreds of lives are lost at once, it’s an event that drives pain through souls worldwide compounding the sorrow.
Passengers and flight attendants have put their lives into the hands of their pilots. We pilots have put our faith into the system—one that we depend upon to keep us proficient, trained and provide support. Airlines depend upon aircraft manufacturers to provide reliable and efficient airplanes.
If any ‘one’ piece of this matrix breaks, the other members of the team can hold it together. When two or more pieces fall apart we’ve got the perfect storm—a storm that can take down any airliner.
My philosophy in life:
If you do not like something—fix it.
I’m a fixer and here is my plan:
- Write a series of aviation novels inspired by real life drama of what we in the industry are living. Three women, Darby, Kathryn and Jackie, take on my fight for safety in the flight series. The series are designed to create awareness.
Flight For Control A story about mental health in an unstable system. How far can we push a pilot before they break?
Flight For Safety A story about automation, a downward shift in training, and what happens when pilots forget how to fly.
Flight For Survival A story about safety culture, safety management systems, and what happens when a pilot decides action needs to be taken because the industry is failing.
The process continues...
- Earn my PhD in Aviation Safety/Human Factors from ERAU. Learning and understanding aviation issues from an educated forum, will assist in solving industry problems. Started in fall 2014. Yes! In progress!
- Upgrade to captain after I finish my PhD on whatever plane I can hold on the West Coast. No commuting to the bottom for a 4th stripe for me. Life quality is essential for a happy life.
- Write book four: Fight For Sanity. When whistle blower laws protect those who take issues externally, there is no protection for those fighting for safety on the inside.
- Write book five (Non-Fiction): Fight For Safety — Inside the Iron Bubble, the truth behind the flight series.
- Become CEO of my airline or the Secretary of the Department of Transportation: To impact change for a safety system. Airline side, to support an airline that focuses on safety as the first priority, with full support of SMS, built from a strong safety culture - reporting, flexible, learning, informed, and just - that supports diversity and full pilot support with appropriate reward for all. Government side, to create overall industry change focused on safety.
The only way we can improve anything is if we do not blindly accept mediocrity.
The result will be a healthier work environment, pride to aviation employees, growth of an industry, and improved safety for passengers with zero accidents.
I need your help.
The only way to do this is through awareness.
One person cannot change the world, but they can invite everyone to board the plane on a flight for safety. The only way to make my dream for aviation to come true is with your support. I’m writing novels for pilots, flight attendants and passengers alike— for anyone who loves a good thriller and mystery with a little romance. It’s just plane fun—fun with an agenda.
There is a far-reaching plan for these novels, and we’ve just begun this journey. Please join me in this flight for safety. It’s going to be one heck of a ride.
You’re Invited on my Flight For Safety!
And to help everyone reach their dreams
This book is for you:
You don't have to be a pilot to Be
the Captain of Your Life!
Thank you for reading my novels. And please help me spread the word. Leave comments on Amazon, shout about this on your blog… We have a long flight ahead of us, but together we can make a difference.
What can you do to help aviation?
What is your wish?
Enjoy the Journey!