Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Abby Jarve: Why I Want to Fly

"A week after Christmas in 2010 was my first flight in a small plane with the BEFA. It was amazing, something that I will never forget.


Everything seems slower up in the air. Cars that once seemed so fast slowed down to a crawl. People turned to ants. We were flying through air, it seemed like there was nothing around us. A big chunk of metal with six passengers that could actually fly. Something that just over 100 years ago, seemed impossible. 

Right after the flight I called my grandma. My mom still makes fun of me for saying this, “we got in the plane, we took off, and then we landed!” I just didn’t know how to describe it, and even now I am still trying to find the words. 

Right now I am a freshman at Aviation High School. I left my best friends to follow my dreams. March twelfth was my birthday and my friend gave me a card that said, “I hate you for leaving me to go to AHS, but at the same time love you for following your dreams.” I am so lucky to have supportive friends who do encourage me to follow my dream. 

Going to AHS takes a lot of hard work, but it is really worth it. There are so many opportunities out there that I would never have known about if I didn’t go to this high school. I can’t let this get away from me; I have to be a pilot. 

I’m working as a baby sitter to save money up for flight school, even if it takes ten years, I’m still going to do it. Flying is so amazing, it is something that people have dreamed about since Earth began. It’s a dream that is possible. Even before my first flight, I wanted to be a pilot. Going in the small plane just assured me even more that I am going to do this. No one can stop me."


Abby, I, too, babysat and saved every penny to fly... Excellent job skills for working in the airline industry. I have no doubt your dream to fly will become a reality. Never give up, and there will be nothing that can stop you.  

I remember your smiling eyes at our BEFA flying event. When I saw you, I thought, "She is going to be a pilot." Keep me posted when you take your free flight with Galvin, and take lots of pictures.


Enjoy the Journey!

~ Karlene

8 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with Abby—I have no doubt her passion and determination will get her into that pilot's seat. How great to know this about herself at her age.

    Have a wonderful time learning, Abby, and for sure, hold on to those great, supportive friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd had an Aviation High School to go to! That's super awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karlene, A wonderful post. I think you caught another one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Linda, I too am equally impressed with her! I know that her hard work will pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Christine, I wish I did too. You could probably sneak in. Then invite me to class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cedarglen, I think so too! Another happy flyer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby is definitely going to go places! She is motivated, dedicated, and a very nice person. She is a joy to be around, and a great classmate.
    -AHS peer (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment Katie... just like you! I'm thinking she may be a woman with wings. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!