Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Aviatrix Authors Connect

Reading and Reception

A couple weeks ago I had an amazing time speaking with Liz Booker, as she conducted an Aviatrix Author Interview. She reminded me that Flight For Control was published a century ago! We had a great chat, and one thing led to another. Now I'm headed to women in Aviation in Long Beach this week. I am honored and humbled to be among these brilliant authors!! I'll be signing books in the afternoon, but the evening event is a must! 


LIZ BOOKER is at it again! Celebrating and connecting aviation authors. This is an event you don't want to miss! Tickets are going fast, but I hope that you can join us on February 23rd at 7:30pm at Bogart & Co. in the Long Beach Convention Center for a catered social hour and author readings with heavy appetizers, cash bar, and other surprises. Enjoy 3-5 minute readings and an opportunity to mingle with the authors in an intimate setting


Here’s who you’ll see:

Merryl Tengesdal: Shatter the Sky

John and Martha King: LIFT

Mary Shipko: Aviatrix; Daring Mary

Cecilia Aragon: Flying Free

R. D. Kardon: Flygirl; Angel Flight; Flying Home

Laura Savino: Jet Boss

Erin Miller: Final Flight, Final Flight; What Grandma Did

Charles Morgan Evans: Helicopter Heroine

Lynn Rippelmeyer: Life Takes Wings

Victoria Yeager: 101 Chuck Yeager-isms

Julie Tizard: The Road to Wings; Flight to the Horizon; Free Fall at Angel Creek

Julie Clark: Nothing Stood in Her Way

Tammie Jo Shults: Nerves of Steel

Karlene Petitt: Flight For Discovery

If you want to listen to our interview
You can Find it here:

Enjoy the Journey! 
XO Karlene 


4 comments:

  1. I'd love to join the Aviatrix Authors at a future event. I wrote a short book called "Adventures at 1000AGL - How to fly around the country in a small airplane" and I'm definitely a female pilot! (You can find the book on Amazon.com).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, you need to come to the party and meet Liz Booker! She's an amazing woman and she'd love to meet you! Me too!!

      Delete
    2. I can't make it this time (my plane is in annual and I'm about to be snowed in for a few days at my hangar home in the Sierras) but I'll look for an opportunity to connect with you all soon!

      Delete
    3. Oh no... Stay safe. We'll be doing this again!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!