Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Courage for the Greater Good


"Although what lies ahead 
may appear daunting to others. 
To me, it is perceived with willingness 
and anticipation
- for I am guided, from within."

~ by Eleesha,
Author of - The Soul Whisperer


Strength. Courage. Determination.

History provides examples of people willing to experience pain to do the right thing for the better of the world. African Americans, women, those with disabilities, and gay people have all benefited from those who have come before, and were not afraid to take a stand to do the right thing, for the right reason. Employment has been impacted where people fought for work rules, safety in the workplace, and fairness in hiring practices.

Human rights enabled all people to be treated equally, vote, drive, fly, and be able to function in the workplace without a preconceived notion they were the wrong sex, too fat, too old, or worked from a wheelchair. This was achieved through pain that someone received while fighting for what is right.




I just finished my first two years of doctoral course work, and I am awaiting the results of the qualifying exam. If I don't pass, I will take the test again. Perseverance is a key to success. And I will not give up because I have passion for what I am doing. And the future of aviation safety depends upon it.


My training background and flying experience, understanding, education, and perception of where we are now and where we are going in the future of NextGen, and the knowledge of how important safety culture is to support SMS (safety management systems), has provided me strength to do the right thing, for the right reasons. Warnings of what could happen if I pointed out problems in the industry that impact safety will not stop me. I will hold strong no matter what the headwinds, because the safety of my fellow crew members, flight attendants, and passengers alike are what is important. As it should be. 

My journey is fueled by My One Wish for Aviation.





I am not quitting no matter the obstacles, and your continued support and encouragement is appreciated. 
Together we can make a difference!

One of my professors gave me her song: Fight Song to listen to each morning to provide strength on this journey to safety. There are multiple versions out there. The one I like best is the one she sent, but I did not post it due to a couple seconds on each end of the video that had a political alignment. This song is not about politics, this is about taking control of your life and having a little fight left to take back your life. So the second best rendition is the New Years Eve version.



"This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song"

18 comments:

  1. Good job Karlene! Hope your test turns out well, though I'm sure you did great. The Foght Song is right on - "I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion." So true that even one small action can lead to a huge change! We all have one voice, and sometimes, that's all it takes. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josh! :) Yes, you are one to make small actions turn into big change. An inspiration to all. It's not easy, but that's how we create change.

      Delete
  2. Greetings and Peace . This profile and your Biography is Amazing. Im one of your recent followers on Twitter. About to embark on read of this page sincerely Thanks for share of vision in Flight. Malcolm McCoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malcolm, Thank you for the comment!! My vision of flight is for you and the journey would not be possible without support. Thank you for the follow on twitter!

      Delete
  3. Thank you Karlene for this great post! A great post for the thousands of us who support your efforts. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy, Thank you so much for your support and your comment. You are so much appreciated!!

      Delete
  4. Awesome blog! I am referring you to Libby Yunger to you. She has been in the 99s since the early 1990s and the local chapter is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year. I said you were a great speaker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, Thank you so much! Wow, her 75th anniversary! That is so wonderful. She needs to be a Friday Flyer!

      Delete
  5. I am a Canadian private pilot an fellow (non-fiction) author. Just got finished reading Flight For Control and would highly recommend it to all pilots who will really enjoy the technical and industry detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherokee Pilot, Thank you so much!!! I am glad you enjoyed it. And... would love an Amazon comment too. All the more, all the better. And the journey continues. Book 4 might be the best of all. :)

      Delete
  6. You're awesome Karlene!
    You keep inspiring us all by never giving up on anything.
    If you want to do something, like This study, you keep pushing till it's done. And you always go for excellent results no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An Thank you so much! I hope you can share this song with your sister, too. You have always given me strength!

      Delete
  7. Keep up the fight, Karlene! You're doing amazing work, both for yourself and for your industry. I'm looking forward to one day calling you Doctor Captain! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Capnaux, Thank you so much! I appreciate your support and encouragement more than you know!

      Delete
  8. Karlene,
    Power to you on your difficult road. Hoping for your ultimate success.
    Mark L. Berry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark! I see success in the future, mostly because I won't give up. One step at a time!

      Delete
  9. It's during tough times that you find strong people. Karlene you're a true force of nature in our world, and we need more like you to stand up for not only what's right, but what is safe also in our industry. Hats off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JDM, Thank you! I think we never really know our strength until we face those times. Perhaps they are there to make us stronger, or show us what we are made of. But strength always comes from the support of others! Thank you!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!