Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Watchdog Report...

Truth is Scarier than Fiction

Yesterday I spent 20 non-stop hours at my computer working. 16 hours editing and formatting the next novel, Flight For Survival. Yes... just because it's done, does not mean the work is over. But I'm getting close. And then working on my Safety Management Systems class, and Statistics. The interesting thing, is that the novel you're about to read has an SMS theme to it.


Just when I submersed in writing and research, what ends up on my desk? The Office of Inspector General Audit Report. Reporting challenges with pilots flying. Years of studies with a common thread... "Pilots could benefit from additional time manually flying aircraft." A 2014 NASA study also found "Pilots sometimes struggled to maintain cognitive skills that accompany manual flying such as awareness of the aircraft's position and recognizing instrument systems failures." 

Take a guess what the focus of my dissertation is!

You've got it! I've been working on this challenge since Flight For Safety released 2 years ago. Hopefully this report will assist in furthering my work.


Enjoy the Journey!

XO Karlene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!