Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, June 29, 2015

N61FC

Fact of Fiction... 

"A CFI tried to register a flying carpet with the FAA. They called him and said "a carpet can't fly!", so he responded "Not until it's registered it can't!" So the FAA, showing a sense of humor (since surgically removed) allowed the registration to go ahead as "experimental, home-built", and N61FC is now in a hangar in California with it's "N" number stitched in the side in accordance with the FAA regulations.


 
No word yet on whether it's made it's maiden flight or the identity of the test pilot, but its registration was renewed recently..."
 
So this story was sent to me, stating it was presented as a joke. But of course I had to search out the registration number and this is what I found:  N61FC

Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene

6 comments:

  1. HAHA! That is awesome! I had to laugh when I clicked the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun :-)

    You know there is an AOPA editor by the name of Greg Brown, CFI, who calls his airplane flying carpet and blogs at:

    http://gregbrownflyingcarpet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! I just checked him out. GREAT blog!!

      Delete
  3. This was done by Dean S. Engelhardt. Dean and I were friends for many years and sadly he passed away on the evening of April 20, 2020. He was a movie stunt pilot, air show performer, flight instructor, and Alaska bush pilot. He liked to mess with authority especially the FAA so the flying carpet was just one of his projects. He was also trying to register a flying broom but the FAA was on to him and ran him out of the FSDO. I will miss him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this story. And he died yesterday? Oh my... I am so sorry for his family and friends. I wish I had known him. He was a spirit of aviation. Thank you!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!