Regular exercise has more of an impact on sharp thinking than general good health and eating right. Of course to get the most out of exercise, we need to eat right to avoid stripping our bodies of valuable minerals and provide the fuel for energy. However…the mental benefits from exercise are outstanding!
The brain needs oxygen!
- Our brains account for only 2 percent of our body weight, yet utilize 25 percent of the oxygen we breathe
- Oxygen delivers fuel to the brain
- Without exercise narrowed and clogged arteries will starve the brain
Exercise also eliminates anxiety and stress, and clears the mind!
- If you're feeling frustrated, anxious, and not sure how to get through the evening after an already really long day... take a walk, and breath
- Mediate. Meditation is all about the breathing, and an incredible relaxation technique
- With a clear mind, you can focus on your studies
Sitting in the cockpit for hours on end is not much of a workout.Taking a few minutes of oxygen while the other pilot steps to the back is a great idea. And a great incentive to put that oxygen mask on!
Now… I am on my way to the gym to feed my brain as I review how to fly the Princess.
The flight portion of my training has been scheduled....
June 6: New York, Athens, New York, Rome, Atlanta, Amsterdam, Detroit…
Enjoy your day and get some exercise!