During training, studying, and aircraft operation we need the best nutrition possible! Our diet impacts our brain and the function of our memory. Without proper nutrition, we’re battling a war we cannot win.
Beware…Diets to lose weight could negatively impact your brain by starving it from important nutrients. Words of Wisdom: Don’t diet while you study.
Not to worry! There are food choices and supplements that can help. The following mealtime brain foods below can jump start that memory:
- Aged Garlic: Improves spatial memory, fights age-related memory loss.
- Sugar/Glucose: Improves short term memory. Maybe that’s why we can’t remember how many pieces of chocolate we just ate.
- Pasta: The carbohydrates stimulate production of serotonin that fuels learning.
- Fish and Olive Oil: Unsaturated fats strengthen general learning abilities
- Egg yolks and organ meats: Citicoline enhances verbal memory
- Apples, Pears, Beans and Peas: Enhances alertness for learning
- Whole wheat and Nuts: The magnesium enhances alertness and general learning
- Shellfish, beans, peas, and dark turkey meat: The zinc aids in short term recall, work and visual memory.
- Whole grains, oatmeal, wheat germ, oysters and liver: B1 increases attention and reaction time.
- Wheat germ, sunflower seeds, yeast, tuna, and liver: B6 Improves working memory
- Clams, oysters, kidneys, and liver: B12 improves concentration, mental alertness and learning.
- Oranges, strawberries, red peppers, leafy green vegetables, and blueberries: Vitamin C improves general memory.
Eat Right! Study hard! Fly Smart!
Tomorrow… Exercise and the mind.