In Puerto Rico
Inter American University
of Puerto Rico School of Aeronautics
Exciting news! A fellow ERAU PhD Aviation program graduate, Dr. Jonathan Velazquez, Dean of the School of Aeronautics at the Inter American University of Puerto Rico, has reached out looking for a full time faculty position. All classes will be taught in English. The job is in Puerto Rico. And I'm thinking this could be an opportunity of a lifetime. Time is running out. You only have until August 8, 2022 to apply. Phone numbers and contact information below.
Tenure Track Professional Pilot Faculty Position:
The School of Aeronautics is seeking a full-time faculty member for the undergraduate Aircraft Systems Management (Professional Pilot) program.
This is a 9-month tenure track appointment
The selected applicant should be in place by the second week of
August 2022 for the fall 2022 semester
- Teach courses as assigned such as:
- Private, instrument, commercial, and/or instructor pilot ground schools.
- Applied Aerodynamics Advanced Aircraft Systems
- Aviation Weather
- Aviation Safety and Security
- Air Carrier Operations
- Advise students on academic matters and career planning.
- Teach selected courses in-person and via videoconferencing simultaneously.
- Serve on division, college, and/or university committees as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Aviation or related field.
- FAA Advanced Ground Instructor (or Certified Flight Instructor) and Instrument Ground Instructor (or Certified Flight Instructor Instrument) certificates.
- Experience in fields applicable to aviation.
- Ability to apply current instructional technology in classroom and distance learning.
In accordance with the current salary scale for teaching staff of the Inter American University of Puerto Rico.
Send your job application, self-identification forms (Veterans and People with Disabilities), Resume, Letter of Intent and academic credentials and Vaccination Certificate (full cycle) against COVID-19 to:
Inter American University of Puerto Rico,
Bayamon Campus, 500
Dr. John Will Harris Rd.,
Bayamón, PR 00957.
Apply by August 8, 2022
You may obtain the documentation necessary at www.inter.edu
Due to the COVID-pandemic, applications can be sent to the following email addresses (as long as the documentation is also sent via regular mail):
If you have any questions, you may call the Human Resources Office at
787-279-1912, ext. 2056
All the best!
Enjoy the Journey!