Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year 2022!

2021 is gladly to be forgotten! 


This was the year that my dad died. The year that my husband had far too many ablations followed by pacemaker surgery, all of which put him into heart failure, where his function is at 35%. My friend was told she has terminal cancer. The year that I realized our society intends on destroying every bit of history with the assumption that this process is politically and socially correct, instead of allowing our children to learn from the past. The year we set precedent to honor criminals. The year we allow anyone to walk into a store and take whatever they want, or destroy another's property without repercussions. 

This is the year that I lost all faith in the FAA and came to realize that the agency is not about safety, but economic gain for the airline(s) they serve, not the passengers they should be protecting. This was the year that I learned that Safety Management Systems (SMS) is nothing but a pie crust regulation... easily made, easily broken... where flexibility means that airlines can work around (violate) federal regulations while the FAA stands by and watches. I won't go into family, judgement, arrogance, politics, handling of the pandemic and the horrific social behavior that has become an acceptable norm. 

All I can say is goodbye and good riddance 2021!

Welcome 2022!

New Years Resolutions:

  1. Find something to laugh about everyday and have fun! 
  2. Get 100 while golfing.
  3. Publish Flight For Discovery (Coming in February)
  4. Finish Flight For Justice (Coming in February 2023)
  5. Finish the plans for the Lake House, find a builder, and start the foundation. 
  6. Pass the LSAT! 
  7. Become Captain on the A330 in Seattle. A bid is coming, and last time my seniority was only 500 numbers away.  This may be my year. 
  8. Pray daily that the law is not "a ass, a idiot" (Dickens, Oliver Twist 277 (1867)) and that all legal issues are resolved with truth, honesty, and justice. 
  9. Eat healthy, exercise daily, and pray the serenity prayer daily:
God, grant me the serenity to accept 
the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

     10. Change the things I can!

This is a lot to accomplish in a year, and I know a doctor who has asserted, "No woman could do that!" But the truth is, we don't have to be perfect and do it all. We simply have to make goals to improve our circumstances and make the effort. If I make 95%, I'm ecstatic. If I make 50%, good for me! Simply because I'm trying. We do not have to lower our standards and behavior because others do. 

For all who have lost loved ones, misplaced your health, lost your home, lost your job, lost your sanity, your friends, your family, or simply have struggled way too hard in 2021, join me in the hope for a better future... a fantastic 2022! 

There is one thing that we can all do together, and that is to make the effort. 


Happy New Year!

May Peace, Love, Health
and Happiness be Yours
Today and Throughout the Year!

Enjoy the Journey!
XOX Karlene 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!