Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Everything Always Works...

Just as it's supposed to... 

Last week I was on reserve through Thursday. Not being called out enabled me to get caught up on the my homework early. Thursday, my last day of reserve I planned on jumpseating to Redmond, picking up two of our grandkids and bringing them home for the weekend so my middle daughter could finish her dissertation. 

I purchased three full fare tickets for the kids and I. Friday we would fly to Seattle. Sunday night we would return to Redmond in time for me to make a 30 minute quick turn to jumpseat home. Reserve on Monday.


As weather would have it, I was enroute when they closed the Redmond airport. We returned to Seattle. Four cancelled flights later, I jumpseated to Redmond Friday night and stayed the weekend. 3 dogs, 2 cats and 2 happy kids who asked all weekend when they could go on the plane with me. The two-year old told me she was going to fly a plane. A pink plane. A jet plane.
 

We baked cookies, played memory, played doctor (I got a new brain and a nervous system), we exercised by riding bikes upside down, jumped across a make believe boat, had a picnic with the stuffed animals who ate the children, played playdoh, baked more cookies, did an art project, ate pigs in a blanket, went on adventure walks and learned not to eat yellow snow. 


After the kids went to bed, I stayed up and did my homework like all diligent grandmothers do. Then the power went out. Thank goodness grandmothers doing homework in the middle of the night carry flight bags with a flashlight! I found the electrical panel and we had power again.


My son-in-law delivered me to the airport Sunday, a couple hours early to accommodate the kids' evening schedule. I was able to submit my assignments from the airport Wifi. As it turned out, I was also first in line for the jumpseat with someone waiting.

As the moral of the story goes... had I been on plan A, delivering the kids thinking I could get right out on the jumpseat, and I would  have been stuck in Redmond when I needed to be home. Mother Nature dumped a bunch of snow to make my weekend work out perfect. Even if I did not know it at the time.

Everything always works out as it should! And... my daughter was able to finish her dissertation and she is going to make me my Flight To Success cover!

TWO WEEKS until First Quarter ENDS!!! 
And Studying For Recurrent Training Begins! 

Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene 

Ready for a couple great novels?

 
  
Remember to leave an
Amazon Comment too! 

Thank You!



1 comment:

  1. What a fun, whirlwind weekend you had! Your grandkids are darling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!