In Paradise at
Asian Academy of Aeronautics, A flight school in the Maldives. Flying and paradise? Sounds great to me! The school has changed hands since this posted, but I checked out the link and the school is still there!
Being that Maldives is tropical country, located near the equator, they do not have seasons. The weather is more or less clear with blue skies year around. What could be better than that?
All about Asian Academy of Aeronautics:
"We built the school investing heavily in its facilities (state of the are lecture rooms, 4 star accommodation, etc). We operate 7 training aircraft and have accommodation facilities for 46 students. Currently we have 13.
We are trying to diversify into different markets. This isn’t an issue as many students obtain their CPL with us and being ICAO recognized they are able to convert it back in their home country (usually all it requires is Air Law and a flight test)."
What Students Receive:
- A Commercial Pilots License (with IR and MER)
- Stamped with Frozen ATPL.
- This license is issued by the Maldivian Civil Aviation Department (the governing body of aviation in Maldives).
- 5 C150
- 1 C172-RG
- 1 Piper Seneca
- We are the only flying school in the Maldives therefore we are a direct feeder of First Officers into the local carriers.
- We carry out all kinds of training from ab-initio, PPL, CPL, instructor-ratings, IR, MER and also provide ground theory upto Frozen ATPL
- What makes us special is the location. Maldives is one of the most relaxed destinations in the world and rated to have one of the most beautiful, clear and calm beaches. A peaceful time on an Island with blue skies, good weather and learning to dive is an amazing experience while flight training or hour building.
- Students can learn to dive while in Maldives.
- Students can obtain an internationally recognized diving license through PADI -
Check out the photos on the
The New year might be time for a new adventures. Why not learn to fly in the Maldives?
If you have any questions...
email Imran Jeevunjee at email@example.com.
Enjoy the Journey! I hope it carries you to the Maldives...