Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Time for a Smile

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive, double-pane, energy-efficient kind. 

Today, I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He complained that the work had been completed a year ago and I still had not paid for them.
 

Helloooo,............ just because I'm old doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid!


So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales guy had told me last year... "these windows would pay for themselves in a year."

I said, "Hellooooo? It's been a year, so they are paid for!"

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally hung up. He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.

11 comments:

  1. Karlene, firstly you are NOT old. Secondly, this is too funny. A laugh that I definitely needed! Have a great day. Xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling old. But thank you! It was originally a blonde joke, but I know too many smart blondes. So... had to get the editing pen out.

      Delete
    2. Karlene, you are not old. The first time I heard your voice, you sounded not a day over 25. Seriously! You are still so young...

      Also, I am a blond physically and mentally and I love to make fun of myself for it a LOT. Although there are more true blonds than I. Hope you are having a good day!

      Delete
  2. AAAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAH!!! Wow Karlene, way to go! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy is right: You are NOT old, definitely not. Maybe it's because you worked so hard on your kitchen and your body is exhausted, but not because you are old. ;)

      Delete
  3. Haha, this is very funny! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I think laughter is the best medicine... most of the time.

      Delete
  4. LOL! That's adorable and hilarious. I needed a laugh, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!