Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


I find it hard to express the overwhelming gratitude I have for my life and the people in it. I glance back over the years and the many challenges I have faced, and I find myself being grateful for them. Life always turns out the way it should. Even in the darkest of nights, day still came. Sometimes with rain, and other times with sunshine. But the color of the sky was what I made of it. 

 

This year has brought many new people into my life, and taken others away. But with each shift in the universe a memory was made, and I am thankful that I touched a life, and someone has touched mine.


We are all connected. And through this connection let us feel the gratitude of what we can be together. With friends and family there is nothing we cannot do, and nothing we cannot be. We are the wind beneath each others wings, and for that I am thankful. Because you are my wind, and you give me strength daily.


Today find a moment to be grateful for not only what you have in your life and all the good things, but also for all the troubles and challenges that you, too, have survived to grow into the person you are, or want to become. Take a moment to toast those that are no longer with you, and those that are sitting at the table beside you. They are all part of who you are. Present and Past.


My day will be spent with my daughters, my son-in-laws, all the grandkids and my husband. There were a few moments this year, we didn't think this day would be possible. My kitchen is functional and big enough for us all to be in together and fit a tree. We are starting a new tradition of the kids decorating the Thanksmas tree in the kitchen while the adults cook. Granted the eldest of the grandkids is four, but we will have an awesome looking tree. 

Yes, we have a Thanksmas tree because my youngest daughter and her family won't be with us on Christmas. And Friday will be the photo shoot of the little elves. 

What are you doing special today? Remember... you don't have to 'do' to make the day special, you just have 'be.' 

Happy Thanksgiving to the most precious person on earth... You! And I hope no matter what has befallen before you, or you fear for the future, that you live in this moment and know that everything is right with the universe because you are here. You get to write this chapter of your life. Enjoy, and make it everything you want it to be. 

XO Karlene

13 comments:

  1. Well said Karlene! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brent! It was very happy, as I hope yours was too.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Our tree goes up tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours normally goes up the day after too. Maybe we'll bring up the second tree. Is that decadent to have two trees? I'm thinking I love Christmas. Photos of the first on Saturday with the kitchen.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely wonderful Karlene... Have an awesome Thanksgiving!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you An! It was awesome. Maybe one day you can visit us on this special day.

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Karlene!
    I'm thankful for my family and friends, and the new friendships I've made this year. You are one of them. I'm thankful I got to meet my cousin in NYC after almost 20 years. Many things to be grateful for, for sure!

    Enjoy this day and the weekend ahead with lots of good food and company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cecilie. We do have so much to be thankful for. I too am thankful for you in my life. The food is wonderful. My youngest daughter cooked! So nice.

      Delete
  5. Karlene san!I hope there is a word never too late.Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

    Have a Velvet family Day!!
    Jun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jun, maybe one day you can have Thanksgiving with us. It's never too late.
      It's all Velvet!

      Delete
  6. Karlene, sorry this is a little belated, however, I hope you and your family had a great thanksgiving! I can not wait to see the photos of that kitchen and the celebration within. And like wise, I am very thankful everyday of you and all you have given to the world! Everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late. Thank you so much for the wishes, and the wonderful comment. I hope your day was wonderful.

      Delete
  7. We are all connected indeed! I'm thankful to have you in my life. You're such a wonderful friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!