Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Motivation: Courage

"Discover The Power 

Within Yourself"


I am never surprised at the power of humanity, strength, and courage when times are tough and we are thrown into circumstances beyond our control. There is an inner strength that comes out in time of crisis. People jump in an react.



What does amaze me is the power of people who discover the power within themselves, during times of the day to day grind. They find the strength to save themselves.

Despite a good paying, stable job with benefits... something is missing. I was discussing this very thing with my friend a couple weeks ago. He reminded me of all the people who were able to break free from their jobs...went on to achieve great success.

 Heather McCorkle

This discussion came up because I had just learned that my friend, Heather McCorkle, had broke free from her prison. Literally. Heather worked in a prison. Despite the security of the job, there were many challenges that ate her soul daily. So much that she felt imprisoned by a life she no longer wanted to be part of. So many people survive this way. We make excuses as to why we can't quit to follow our dreams. But the truth is, we can.

Heather is a loving, generous and kind person who is an author of fantasy. She had dreamed of one day quitting her job to focus on her writing. Her Channeler Series is amazing.  My niece couldn't put theses books down. Heather gives to endangered species with each book purchased from the Channeler series. She formed a company, Compass Press where she helps authors bring their books to life. She also designs covers, and ran a contest to win a free cover last weekend.

Working a full time job, and pursing her passion had been a challenge. There were so many reasons she stayed, and one reason she was able to leave. Courage. 

She quit her job! This is a huge deal on so many levels. Giving up security to follow your dreams is scary. I am so proud of Heather and all that she has accomplished. I met her when this was all just a dream. Now it's a reality.

Please take a moment to congratulate this young lady, and wish her the success she deserves. And if you know any young adult readers, her Channeler Series will make a great Christmas gift.

Is there something you wish you had the courage to change? Remember, this is your one and only life. Will you lay on your death-bed wishing you would have... or glad you did?


Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene

27 comments:

  1. Fantastic post, Karlene! Heather is absolutely one of the most courageous, smart and determined people I know. And, as you pointed out, she's generous and kind, too. This took guts, and also the quality we all need most in order to make our lives what we want them to be--belief in herself. Congratulations Heather!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. It's easy to write about courage, kindness, ambition, success...etc, when we have someone like Heather to write about. She has guts for sure.

      Delete
    2. Thank you both. You two are a huge part of why I have such courage. Without the two of you I wouldn't be where I am today.

      Delete
  2. Heather, the courage and determination you have showed is incredible. Especially with changing careers and focusing solely on writing.

    I'd rather regret something I did, than regret something I didn't do.. That's my philosophy at least!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cecilie, I love your philosophy. Can I use these words? I'm thinking I should make this my motto. I have never thought about it that way, but I believe this way too. Maybe we haven't lived until we live with a little regret. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
    2. That's a beautiful philosophy Cecilie! And thank you. :)

      I love that idea Karlene, we should make it our moto!

      Delete
  3. Heather is an inspiration to all of us! I am so thankful she was able to follow her dreams and focus on her writing as a career. Here's hoping it brings her joy even as she works to enrich the lives of others through her words and her generous donations. <33

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyndi, Yes she is an inspiration! I think she had to quit her job to have time to support everyone else while she writes.

      Thank you so much for your comment and the best of success in your writing career too!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Cyndi. I'm living the dream and I'll never regret taking the leap, no matter where it takes me. :)

      Delete
  4. It's been such a joy getting to know Heather online. Such a gift to the writing community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Elle! Wait until you get to meet her in person. She's an amazing lady.

      Delete
    2. You ladies are making me cry, in a good way. Thank you both!

      Delete
  5. Hooray for Heather, she is fab.
    She's so supportive and productive as well. I can't get over how much she gets done each day.
    Heather, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ebony! She is a superstar for sure. She amazes me too.

      Delete
    2. Aw, thanks Ebs! It's crazy how much I'm getting done now that I write full time. I love it!

      Delete
  6. Heather is such a kind soul, I was literally SHOCKED when I found out she was a prison guard! And I can think of no one more perfect to that tough job, but I'm glad she was able to leave it behind to pursue her dream. Everyone can be inspired by the courage it takes to do that, including me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, She has inspired us all. Funny thing was, I too was shocked when I heard that. Her job taught her so much, and one day I want to see a book come out of that prison.

      Delete
    2. LOL! Most people are Susan. No one seems to be able to believe I did such a job. :) I take that as a compliment! I'm so glad I could inspire you. That means a lot.

      Karlene, perhaps one day I'll write a book about demons, that's the closest to writing about prison I'll get! LOL!

      Delete
    3. A book about demons is a great idea!

      Delete
  7. I'm so incredibly touched Karlene that I can't put it into words. I know, an author who can't find the words, pretty bad huh? LOL! Thank you, from the deepest and truest part of my heart, thank you. If I can touch one life and inspire one person, then I have achieved something great and you have given me that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know the feeling of not finding the words. It's a scary thought for a writer for your.
      Know that you have inspired so many people, and I am one of them. Thank you.

      Delete
  8. Aww, this post put a huge smile on my face. I agree with all the wonderful things said about Heather. She has selflessly helped me in many ways and I'm forever grateful that I met her.

    Congrats to Heather on being courageous and following her dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am so happy to put a smile on your face. I too am grateful for Heather.

      Delete
  9. Heather is an amazing person whose dedication to her dream has inspired me to keep going, too, on many occasion. I appreciate her friendship, her feedback and all of the work she does for Writers Road and the Indie Elite. I'm so happy for her that she gets to truly live her dream now. You've said this beautifully, Karlene. She's blessed to have you as a friend. (And I'm blessed to have you both as online friends!) One last thing - I LOVE this: Will you lay on your death-bed wishing you would have... or glad you did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristie, Thank you so much for your beautiful comment! I am so blessed to know you both and have you as friends too. I'm thinking we should all be glad we 'did'.

      Delete
  10. Yay, Heather, I never doubted you could and would get out of Jail!! I'm with Karlene...a book about those experiences someday is a necessity. You have incredible experiences and incites. XX Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. We'll have writers retreat and talk her into it. :) Thanks for the comment!!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!