I had a great idea for all the future airline pilots. Specifically for those who would like to fly for Delta. Inspired by a comment from Craig about "finding, yet, another one,"... in relation to the superstar Friday Flyers, and those wonderful essay contestants... I thought, "Wouldn't it be a great to provide these enthusiastic, motivated young people a guaranteed interview at Delta?"
The industry is going to have a pilot shortage. We should reward these outstanding superstars for their early achievements and focus, by putting them on a list to call when they have the minimum requirements. A superstar database, so to speak. Let Delta have first access to the best of the best.
Plan in Motion...
I emailed a senior chief pilot to see "how to" formally make this employee suggestion. Shortly thereafter, I received a call from, and spoke to, one of our pilots who happens to be an assistant to that senior chief pilot, asking, "What's your idea?"
We had quite a talk and she told me "how to" get hired by Delta Air Lines. Better yet, she told me how to get on the "fast track" to Delta. And... she told me that I can blog about it, too!
So... next week, future Delta Pilots,
I'm going to give you all the answers!
- What are the minimums, and is that enough?
- Perspective on school... how important are grades?
- How important is the college you attend?
- Is pilot in command time essential?
- How should I build my hours?
- Does knowing someone make a difference?
- Diversity, does it matter?
- What does diversity mean anyway?
- Does failing a checkride matter?
If you want to fly for Delta, take a stab at these questions above. Then the answers will come next week.
Enjoy the Journey!