Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day



I love dark chocolate, red wine, bubble baths with candles, and long-stem roses. I cry at sad movies. I'm a romantic at heart. Love surrounds me. I love my husband. I love my kids. I love my grandchildren. I love my friends. I love my family. And the love continues...  Last night my granddaughter said, "Grandma, I love you so much." The pure emotion of an almost three-year-old.

~Love is in the air ~ 

But there is another kind of love in the air. The love of what we do. I have the love of flying. The love of writing. The love of books. The love of photography. I love movies. I love Popcorn! Did I say I love chocolate? I'm in love with life.

My question today is, why do you love what you do? Or, if you're so inclined, tell us who you love and why--- everything is fair on this day of Love. 

XOXOXOX
 Enjoy the Journey~  

~ Karlene 

P.S. I love you, too. Thank you for following. 

9 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's day to you too Karlene! I love what I do (writing) because I get to tell someone's story and life is all about stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather. Life is all about stories. I love writing because I can entertain and educate at the same time--- and I get to live in a fantasy world. I love it. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my family, my friends, *my cat,* a good martini and great conversation, and the occasional trashy tv show. And oh, my, the joy of writing. The highs and lows and aliveness of it all. Thanks for posing such an important question, Karlene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I'm thinking you can live all your loves at the same time. And then write about it later. Happy Valentines. Love to your cat too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, Thank you for an incredible comment. I too love my job. Bumpy at times is the word- but even the weather has occasional turbulence. But the sun always shines and in the end, a happy landing. I hope to fly with you soon! I'm really looking forward to it. You fly safe too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karlene, I love you! (Colt hates it when I say that to my girlfriends...!) And the beauty that is everywhere around me. I love people...and being dangerously friendly! I love life, and creating... I feel so lucky to wake up each morning, open for anything that comes my way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy you embrace life and your son is a man. What can we say? You do love life and everyone around you can feel it and see it through your eyes. Thank you!!! Tell Colt, "I love you too."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,Karlene san
    happy Valentine week:D
    As for love.I love the word "love" very much.

    I am sure I love my family ,friends and me.
    Why do I love what I do?
    I love to have my dream and I love to spend time in my life to achieve my dream.I think without love,I don't have passion and I cannot hold my dream.
    That is why love is important for me,for us.
    Have a good day.
    Jun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jun!! To be in love with a dream is a great thing! And yes...love makes them come true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!