Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, September 27, 2010

A Full Moon over the Weekend

There definitely was a full moon this weekend. My eldest daughter, Kalimar, gave birth to my third grandchild, Kohyn Bella, who weighed in at 7 lbs  8 oz.  Her sister's Kayla and Krysta both flew in for the event.

Saturday morning, at 1 a.m. I got the call that she was in labor and needed me to stay with my two-year-old granddaughter. My response was, "Do you know where I am? I'm in California." Which I wasn't. I was in my bed in Seattle, deliriously tired and disoriented. An occupational hazard. Somewhat like being on the road for too long and pressing 9 to get an outside line on your home phone.

Me and all my babies

Our granddaughter Kadence stayed with us for the weekend. We swam at the YMCA, ate at Red Robbin, and took bubble baths together. Life is good. Mommy and baby are doing great. Krysta headed back to Chicago this morning, and I'm back in California babysitting the grandson. I flew down with Kayla and Miles on Alaska Airlines today. Thank you Alaska for the great hospitality, a seat by my daughter, and the short flight. It was much appreciated.

More pilot talk tomorrow when the baby naps. And they said flying an airplane was a challenge.

Happy Flying!

Enjoy the journey... wherever it takes you.

Karlene

3 comments:

  1. What a great event, and what a great picture! Congratulations! And much luck to the new grandbaby and her parents. Heh - flying an airplane surely is a challenge, but the perspective is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! I do believe luck is on our side... healthy kids. Funny, life is all about perspective. Thank you for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!